We represent clients who need legal guidance in family law matters pertaining to divorce, child custody, child support, alimony, prenuptial agreements, post-divorce modifications, and division of property and debt.
There are numerous difficult and complex decisions that need to be made when filing for a divorce. Mr. Cuscaden will guide you through the entire process, listen to your concerns and help you understand your options regarding matters such as:
- Child custody and visitation: Custody and visitation issues will be tailored to your needs through mediation/negotiation or litigation, depending upon the circumstances.
- Child support: Our attorneys can create plans that comply with the Illinois child support guidelines and address immediate as well as future financial matters.
- Property division: We carefully evaluate all assets and debts to create an equitable agreement that includes consideration of any tax implications and valuation of complex assets, such as family businesses.
- Spousal maintenance: Also known as alimony, there are numerous types of support that can be negotiated into a divorce decree.
Our firm also handles a number of other family law matters, such as:
- Modification and enforcement: We can petition the court for a modification if your divorce settlement isn’t working out as you’d hoped. If it is a matter of disobeyed court orders, we can submit notice to the judge so proper enforcement measures are taken.
- Premarital agreements: Our attorneys draft premarital agreements that are equitable and consider the financial future of each party, while being sensitive to personal nature of such an agreement.